Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course is related to maintenance and repair of aircrafts. Candidate requires a lot of passion and skills to do AME Course. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer may make repairs, troubleshoot problem, conduct inspections and make upgrades to aircrafts. Before pilot takes off AME has to check the aircraft properly and sign the Certificate then only flight can takeoff. AME have very bright future as aircraft passengers are raising very frequently. The golden era has been started who desire to make their career in aviation. AME Course details is given below.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Eligibility
It is the unique engineering program as compared to traditional engineering like BE and B Tech.
The candidates who desire to be an AME have to fulfil following eligibility:-
- Candidate must passed 10+2 PCM or equivalent AICTE approved 3 years engineering diploma in any stream or any higher qualification in science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at the time of admission.
- Candidate who are eligible for admission in B Tech Courses are also eligible for Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course.
- Candidate age can be between 16 to 28 years at the time of admission.
- Candidate must not have colour blindness and any physical disabilities.
- Candidate must have minimum 45% marks in 10+2 in PCM or equivalent.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Duration
There are two Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course duration which are as follows:-
- A Program: The duration of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course is 1-year academic program on the campus and the other 1 year there will be training with live environment in Airlines, MRO organizations, etc. At the time of training, student will get the stipend. After completion of the course, student can apply for the license. The license is issued by DGCA, Govt. of India.
- B Program:The duration of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course is of 4 years which includes 2 years academic program and 2 years practical training. The academic knowledge will be gathered at DGCA approved AME institute and live training will be held in flying environment such as Airlines, MRO, etc. At the time of training, student will get the stipend. After clearing the modules and practical training license will be issued by DGCA. The licensed AME can work in private or government sector in India and Abroad.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Streams
AME Course Streams are classified into two categories:-
- A:- A is the license for the engineer who can maintain, repair, and troubleshoot the simple defect of an aircraft.
- A1:- A1 license holder solve the simple defect in aeroplane with jet engine.
- A2:- A2 license holder rectify and repair the simple defect in aeroplane with piston engine.
- A3:- A3 licensed AME maintain, repair, and solve the simple defect in helicopter with jet engine.
- A4:- A4 licensed AME maintain, repair, and solve the simple defect in helicopter with piston engine.
- B1:- B1 is the license for mechanical stream in aircrafts. The mechanical stream is related to the components such as Fuselage, Landing Gear, and Wings etc. This license have further divided in the following categories:-
- B1.1:- License B1.1 certifies the aeroplanes with Jet Engine.
- B1.2:- License B1.2 certifies the aeroplanes with Piston Engine.
- B1.3:- License B1.3 certifies the helicopters with Jet Engine.
- B1.4:- License B1.4 certifies the helicopters with Piston Engine.
- B2:- B2 is the license for avionics stream in aircrafts. The avionics stream is related to the electronics system. This license can be attained in following categories:-
- Electrical System
- Instrumental System
- Radio Navigation and Communication
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Syllabus:-
AME Course is 4 year license program in which candidate has to undergo 2 year academic program and 2 years training in flying environment. In this 2 year academic program, candidate studies about theoretical and practical knowledge of aircraft engineering, principals and components. There are 17 modules by DGCA, Govt of India. The candidate has to choose stream, modules are depends upon the stream of candidate. Candidate has to clear modules to achieve the AME License. Module 1 and 2 are not applicable in India.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Career Opportunities
India is growing in aviation industry speedily which is great news for those who desire to make career in aviation. Air traffic in India is growing year by year which lifts up the requirement of aircrafts. Due to this many companies such as Indigo, Air India, Jet Airways, etc. ordered new aircrafts which give boost to Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Career Opportunities.
The AME Career Opportunities are at the following places:-
Airlines are company that provide air transport for the passenger’s to travel. Before aircraft fly, Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer has to analyse and solve the problems of aircrafts. After signing Flight Releasing Certificate (FRC) an aircraft can fly.
- Maintenance, Repair and Overhauls (MRO) industries:-MRO companies are those companies which specialize in performing maintenance actions on aircraft and their components such as jet engines, landing gears, etc. To maintain the actions licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer are required.
- Aircraft Manufacturing Companies:- Aircraft Manufacturing Companies deals in the manufacturing of aircrafts such as Boeing, Airbus, etc. For maintaining and operating engines, electronics system etc Aircraft Maintenance Engineer are hired.
- Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies:-
Aircraft are made up of numerous parts. To manufacture those parts Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies have builds. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer can analyse those parts and help them to build better one.
- Aircraft Operation Organizations:- EASA, ICAO etc are the Aircraft Operation Organization. There organization deals with safety and security of civil aviation. When it’s about Safety in aircraft, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is the first name that came out.
- Aviation Training Centres- There are Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who tells other candidate about the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering and its scope.
- Flying Clubs:- A flying club is an organization that provides its members with affordable access to aircraft. That aircraft need to be maintenance which is done by licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.
- Civil Defence Forces:- There are many aircrafts which defence use for various purposes to protect the country. Defence are also maintenance by license Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- And any place where an aircraft is used in Civil:-Wherever aircrafts are used they require to be maintained by authorised Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Admission Procedure (AME CET 2020)
To become AME, the candidate has to follow following AME Admission Process:-
- To join AME Course a candidate should fill the form of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Common Entrance Test (AME CET).
- After clearing that AME CET Exam, according to the All India Rank (AIR) of AME CET they will get admission in top AME institutes approved by DGCA, Govt of India.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering License
AME is international license based programme. After completing this programme the candidate will get AME License, this license will be issued by DGCA, Govt of India. To become an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer it is mandatory to have AME License. Without an AME License no one can do job in aviation sector as AME worldwide. The license is valid in India as well as Overseas. A Candidate having AME License can do job in Govt and private sector in India and abroad with high salary package. Only Licensed AME is authorized to sign on Flight Releasing Certificate.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course fee Structure in India:-
In 4 year AME Course candidate have to complete 2 years academic program. During this 2 years academic program candidate has to pay academic fees at AME institute which is approx 3 to 6 Lakhs as total course fee. The AME Course fees depends on the AME institute which the candidate will choose in AME CET admission counselling. Candidate has to pay fee semester wise. Candidate will get scholarship from state government also. It depends on Category and other factors also.
After completing this academic program candidate has to go 2 years training program at that time candidate donor have to pay any fees inspire of that candidate will get 20 to 30K stipend per month also. Hostel fee is not included in this. According to the facility the hostel fee will be applicable. It will be approximately INR 25,000- 40,000/- per semester.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Salary
In AME Course there will be practical training in flying environment. When the candidate undergo through training there will stipend provided to them from 15K to 25K per month. After training of 2 years and clearing the modules the AME license will be issued to the candidates from DGCA, Govt of India. The salary package of the candidate will be high after achieving the AME License. According to payscale, the average salary of INR 40 Lakhs per year. AME is the hottest career with responsibility of safety and security of Aircraft and its passengers. Not only salary even this job earns a lot of respect. The salary of AME is extraordinary in India as well in abroad.
There are the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Details as per DGCA, Govt of India. As per career prospect AME is the best career opportunity of those candidates who want to make their career in Indian aviation sector as AME.