Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is a 4 years License program tentatively in which candidate has to undergo 2 years regular academic program conducted by the DGCA approved AME institutes and 2 years training in Airline or MRO Industries. In the academic program student has to complete their module papers conducted by DGCA. Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course emphasizes the repair, maintenance, and resolving issues of an aircraft. After completing this program the candidate will get an AME license which will be issued by DGCA, Govt of India. To become an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer it is mandatory to have an AME License. Without an AME License, no one can do a job in the aviation sector as AME in India & abroad as well. This license is valid in India as well as Overseas. The Aviation Sector encompasses a broad range of career opportunities for those who aspire to be an Aircraft maintenance engineer or who want to make a career in the aviation sector. An AME License holder can do a job in Govt and private sector in India and abroad with a high salary package.
AME course consists of streams that are classified into two categories:-
- A:- A is the license for the engineer who can maintain, repair, and troubleshoot the simple defect of an aircraft, this license holder is known as a technician.
- A1:- A1 license holders solve simple defects in aeroplanes with jet engine.
- A2:- A2 license holder rectify and repair the simple defect in aeroplane with piston engine.
- A3:- A3 licensed AME maintain, repair, and solve the simple defect in helicopter with jet engine.
- A4:- A4 licensed AME maintain, repair, and solve the simple defect in helicopter with piston engine.
- B1:- B1 is the license for mechanical stream in aircraft. The mechanical stream is related to the components such as Fuselage, Landing Gear, and Wings, etc. This license has further divided into the following categories:-
- B1.1:- License B1.1 certifies the aeroplanes with Jet Engine.
- B1.2:- License B1.2 certifies the aeroplanes with Piston Engine.
- B1.3:- License B1.3 certifies the helicopters with Jet Engine.
- B1.4:- License B1.4 certifies the helicopters with Piston Engine.
- B2:- B2 is the license for avionics stream in aircrafts. The avionics stream is related to the electronics system. This license can be attained in the following categories:-
- Electrical System
- Instrumental System
- Radio Navigation and Communication
Aircraft maintenance engineering course duration depends on the stream or the category which are further given below:-
AME license course syllabus in which a candidate has to undergo a 2-year academic program and 2 years training in a flying environment. In these 2 years academic program, the candidate is inculcated theoretical and practical knowledge of aircraft engineering, principles, and components. The syllabus depends upon the type of license one has opted for, as different stream holds a different set of concepts. There are 17 modules by DGCA which one has to clear to get the AME license. The candidate has to choose a stream, modules depend upon the stream of the candidate. Module 1 and 2 are not applicable in India.
AME is the branch of engineering which is best for students who want to make a career in the aviation sector. The aspiring candidates who want to pursue AME must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:-
AME Admission procedure needs to be followed to get admission in top AME colleges which is given below:-
Aircraft maintenance engineering course fees depend on the license one has opted for and also differ from college to college. The AME course fees is approx 3 to 6 Lakhs in some AME institution and AME course fees is generally high for NRI students. The fees depend on the AME institute which the candidate will choose in AME CET admission counselling. The candidate has to pay the fee semester-wise and various education loan facilities are offered by some banks so one can complete his/her education, earn and pay to the bank later. The candidate also gets a scholarship from the state government on one’s academic performance.
After completing this academic program candidate has to go to 2 years training program at that time candidate has to pay a particular fee to complete the flying hours in spite of that candidate also gets a stipend of approx 20k to 30K per month. Hostel fee is not included in this. According to the facility, the hostel fee will be applicable. It will be approximately INR 25,000- 40,000/- per semester.
India is growing in the aviation industry speedily which is great news for those who desire to make a career in aviation. Air traffic in India is growing year by year which lifts up the requirement for aircrafts. Due to this many companies such as Indigo, Air India, Jet Airways, etc. ordered new aircrafts which give boost to Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Career Opportunities.
The AME Career Opportunities are at the following places:-
In AME course there will be practical training in the flying environment. When the candidate undergoes practical training there will stipend provided to them from 15K to 25K per month. After training of 2 years and clearing the modules the AME license will be issued to the candidates from DGCA, Govt of India. The salary package of the candidate will be high after achieving the AME License. According to the payscale, the average salary of an AME is INR 40 Lakhs per year. AME is the hottest career with responsibility of safety and security of Aircraft and its passengers. Not only salary even this job earns a lot of respect. The salary of AME is extraordinary in India as well in abroad.
There are the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Details as per DGCA, Govt of India. As per career prospect, AME is the best career opportunity of those candidates who want to make their career in Indian aviation sector as AME.