Diploma in Aerospace Engineering in India is a diploma level engineering course. Student will get a certificate after completing the Diploma in Aerospace Engineering approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Diploma in Aerospace Engineering course gathers specific knowledge and deep study about design, manufactureing, service, and testing of spacecraft and aircraft.
The applicant who desires to join the Diploma in Aerospace Engineering program has to fulfill the eligibility criteria:-
- Applicant must be passed in 10th with a minimum score of 45% with any recognized Board.
- Applicant can also qualify the AME CET exam to get admission in one of the top colleges in India.
Diploma in Aerospace Engineering course is a 3-year diploma program having 6 semesters in which they will learn and gather theoretical and practical knowledge about the aircraft and spacecraft.
The list of the subjects is given below to give you an idea about the Diploma in Aerospace Engineering program:
- Aircraft Instrumentation System
- CAR (Civil Aviation Regulation)
- Aircraft maintenance and practice
- Aircraft system
- Aircraft structure
- Avionics and Aircraft Radio System
- Aircraft Structures Servicing Lab
- Maintenance Management
- C- Programming lab
- Avionics Lab
- Aircraft system servicing lab
- Project work (working model)
- Aircraft Electrical System
- Aircraft Instrument System Lab
- Aircraft Materials
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Science
- Basic Aerodynamics
- Basic Computer Skills Lab
- Basic Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Basic Electrical and electronic engineering Labs
- Basic workshop practical’s
- Computer-aided Engineering Graphics
- Engineering Graphics (conventional)
- English Communication
- Fluid Mech and Pneumatics Lab
- Industrial Visit
- ISAP Lab
- Jet Engine Lab
- Jet Engine Theory
- Materials Testing (NDT) Process Lab
- Organizational Management
- Piston Engine Lab
- Piston Engine Theory
- Fluid Mech and Pneumatics Aircraft Inspection and Documentation
Diploma in Aerospace Engineering has a bright career in India and Overseas. With huge numbers of the jobs in Govt. and private sector, the career opportunities are getting large and better as the aviation sector in India is growing so quickly.
There are abundant scopes of placement after completing the Diploma in Aerospace Engineering.
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL)
- Aircraft/ spacecraft Manufacturing Companies
- Aircraft/ spacecraft Part Manufacturing Companies
- Civil Aviation Department
- Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) organizations.
To build your career in the aviation sector applicant has to follow the following procedure:-
- To join in Aerospace Diploma course an applicant should fill the form of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Common Entrance Test (AME CET).
- After clearing AME CET Exam, according to All India Rank (AIR) of AME CET they will get admission in one of the reputed Diploma in Aerospace Engineering colleges approved by AICTE, Govt. of India.
Diploma in Aerospace Engineering course fee structure depends upon institutes on multiple aspects. The fees at institutes will range from INR 2 Lakhs to 4 Lakhs for the whole course. The candidate has to pay the fee semester wise. The candidate will get up to 100% scholarship from AME CET.
Diploma in Aerospace Engineering salary depends on the skills, experience, job profiles, etc. The starting salary package is INR 4 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs per annum. After getting experience, the salary will become more because aviation sector is growing in India. It is the perfect time to build career in the aviation sector.