Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) is a 3 years diploma course having six semesters. Each semester comprises of 6 months approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). AME course involves studying, designing, developing, and testing of aircraft. The safety and security of aircraft is in hands of AME. AME must have good problem solving skills and passionate about learning about aircraft.
The applicant who desires to join the Diploma in AME program has to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:-
- Applicant must be passed in 10th with a minimum score of 45% with any recognized Board.
- Applicant can qualify the AME CET to get admission and up to 100% scholarship.
Diploma in AME is a 3-year engineering program that offers theoretical and practical knowledge about the maintenance, repair, testing, and solving the issues in an aircraft. The theoretical knowledge will be gathered in the modern classroom and practical understanding in well-equipped labs. After completion of the course, student will get the diploma certificate from the college.
The list of the subjects that is given below to give you an idea of the study about the AME subjects:-
- Electronic Fundamentals:- Electronic Fundamentals is the concept of power, current, energy, voltage. There you can study electronic components, machines, and systems.
- Digital Techniques Electronic Instrument System:- Digital Techniques Electronic Instrument System is a field of electronics that are involved in to study of digital signals.
- Maintenance Practices:- Maintenance Practices that include regular instruments, inspection, incomplete and complete overhauls, oil changes and lubrication, etc.
- Basic Aerodynamics:- Basic Aerodynamics is the study of the dynamics of gases or the reaction of moving object and atmosphere causing airflow all over the body.
- Aviation Legislation:- Aviation Legislation is a branch of law concerns flight, Air travel. That is related to international law which is required due to nature or Air travel.
- Aerodynamics, Structures, and System:- Aerodynamics, Structures, and System is related to how an aircraft can fly. Anything that is moving through the air reacts to Aerodynamics.
Indian aviation sector is growing so quickly which leads to high requirement of manpower. The well- being and protection of an aircraft places an essential role in the aviation sector. The job opportunities are mushrooming these days when it comes to AME. Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is a job-oriented diploma program that offers student to build their fascinating career in the aviation sector.
There are some career opportunities that the candidate can grab after completing the diploma. Furthermore, the same have been given below:-
- Maintenance Repair and Overhauls (MRO) industries
- Aircraft Manufacturing Companies
- Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies
- Aircraft Operation Organizations
- Aviation Training Centers
To build your career in the Aviation sector applicant has to follow the following procedure:-
- To join in Diploma in AME program, an applicant should fill the form of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Common Entrance Test (AME CET).
- After clearing AME CET Exam, according to All India Rank (AIR) of AME CET they will get admission in one of the top diploma in AME colleges approved by AICTE, Govt. of India
Diploma in AME is a 3 years of the duration program. Candidate has to submit their fees at AME colleges which is around INR 2 Lakhs to 4 Lakhs as a total diploma program fee. The fees depend on the institute which the applicant will choose in AME CET counseling. The candidate has to pay the fee semester wise. Students can apply for the bank loan facilities. Hostel facilities can be opted on the basis of requirements.