The number of aircraft and airports is increasing rapidly in India as India is facing a shortage of well-skilled ground staff. There is a huge demand for ground staff who can deal with the functioning at the airport. It is a certification course related to the safety and comfort of passengers in the airport including checking, providing information, assisting disabled passengers, and selling tickets.
To get admission in ground staff certification course student must qualify the following eligibility criteria:-
- A student must be appearing or passed 10+2 with any stream or 3 year engineering diploma from any recognized board/university.
- Students who are searching for one of the top most institutes of Ground staff in India can qualify the National level Entrance Test of AME CET.
Ground staff course duration is tentatively 11 months certification course in the aviation sector. The cabin crew course covers various topics like checking, assisting disabled passengers, providing information, confirming reservations, etc.
As we know an Airport is one of the busy and crowded place and air traffic is also increasing each passing year, so to ensure its smooth functioning, the companies hire ground staff. Furthermore, there are following subjects in airline ground staff course:-
- Airport Division
- Aviation Fundamentals
- Reservation includes Baggage screening and Queue Management
- Check-in Procedures
- Baggage Make-Up Area
- Security Hold Area and boarding gate
- Boarding Gate Formalities and Announcements
- Arrival Procedures
- Ramp Management
- Frequent Flyer Program
- SABRE- Basic Reservations and check-in
Ground Staff course is the popular field of aviation that covers various works like security, cargo handling, passenger handling, customer service, etc.They work as a team in the airport. The following tasks are performed by the ground staff team:-
- Customer Service (solving problems, issues, queries, complaints, etc)
- Baggage Claims
- Passenger Handling
- Cargo Loading
- Cargo Unloading
- Security Processes
- Inter-department coordination
The Ground staff Career Opportunities are at the following places:-
- Air India
- AirAsia India
- Alliance Air
- Luwang Air
- Air Deccan
- Blue Dart Aviation
- Pinnacle Air
- Spirit Air
- Supreme Airlines
- Titan Aviation
- Ventura Air Connect
- And many more.
To become a ground staff, the candidate has to follow the following Ground Staff Admission Process:-
- To join the ground staff Course a candidate should fill the form of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Common Entrance Test (AME CET).
- After clearing AME CET Exam, based on the All India Rank (AIR) of AME CET students will get admission in one of top ground staff institutes.
Ground Staff course fee is based on institute, location, infrastructure, and other facilities. Course fees for Ground Staff varies from institute to institute but total fee will be ranging from INR 1,00,000 to INR 1,50,000. To train students faster in various activities and subjects, the faculty will help them to learn about cargo handling, passenger handling, customer service, etc.
Airport Ground Staff are responsible for the care of passengers once their plane is grounded. Ground Staff is involved in every little work at the airport. After the completion of Airline ground staff courses, the students will be eligible to work in aviation sector. The average salary of ground staff is 2 to 6 Lakhs per annum depends upon the skill of the student.