Aeronautical Engineering is one of the best undergraduate programs in aviation. Aeronautical Engineering is the study that involves researching, designing, constructing, testing, and manufacturing of the aircraft within Earth's atmosphere. It also covers the investigation into aerodynamic elements of aircraft, including behaviours and related factors such as control surfaces, lift, airfoil, and drag. The Aeronautical Engineering course details are described below for further information. The student must read the complete Aeronautical Engineering details before take Aeronautical Engineering admission. The complete information about Aeronautical Engineering are provided below so that students can understand about the course in a better way.
Aeronautical Engineering Courses
Aeronautical Engineering courses are the branch of Aircraft Engineering that is related to the manufacturing of aircraft and its parts. The Aeronautical Engineering course duration is 4 years as it is a B Tech / BE course. In that Aeronautical Engineering course of 4 years, there are 8 semesters in which students will get the academic as well as theoretical knowledge about designing, manufacturing, and testing of the aircraft.
Aeronautical Engineering Qualification
Aeronautical Engineering qualification should fulfill before taking admission. The students who wish to pursue this program have to fulfill the Aeronautical Engineering Eligibility criteria for the entrance exam to get admission in Aeronautical Engineering Institutes: -
- Applicant must pass 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or equivalent AICTE approved 3 years engineering diploma in any stream or any higher qualification in science with Physics and Mathematics at the time of admission in Institutes.
- Candidate must have minimum 50% marks in 10+2 in PCM or equivalent.
- An applicant's age can be between 16 to 28 years at the time of admission.
- Candidate has good calculative, mathematical, and observation skills.
- Candidate can qualify for the AME CET exam for admission in India.
Aeronautical Engineering Exam
- Aeronautical Engineering exam for entrance can be through AME CET 2021 that offers admission in Aircraft Engineering Course in one of the leading institutes approved by AICTE, Government of India. Based on AME CET 2021 All India Rank (AIR), students participate in counselling and confirm their admission in government approved Aeronautical institutes.
- Aeronautical Engineering exam for entrance is of the objective pattern and is in Hindi & English medium both. The question paper consists of 90 questions and each question carries 4 marks.
Aeronautical Engineering Course Admission
Aeronautical Engineering course admission process comprises of few steps which are as follows:-
- Students must fulfill the Aeronautical Engineering qualification to take admission in Aeronautical Engineering Institutes.
- Fill the registration form of AME CET 2021 which is available on official www.amecet.in for admission in the Aeronautical Engineer course.
- After qualifying the AME CET 2021, students can take admission in the Aeronautical Engineering course.
Aeronautical Engineer Course Fee Structure
Aeronautical Engineer course fee structure depends upon the choice of students. After clearing the AME CET exam, students can avail admission in one of the top institutes in India which are approved by AICTE. Admission will be offered to the students based on their All India Rank (AIR). Under AME CET there are Aeronautical Engineering Institutes and Universities.
Aeronautical Engineer course fee structure varies from universities to universities as the institutes are in different states of India, so there is a wide range of fee.
The fees can be paid to the institutes semester wise. The exact Aeronautical Course fees details can be seen on the official website of the Aeronautical colleges. There will be Education Loan facilities available for the students through the bank. The fees will be different for Indian and NRI students and relatively high for the NRI students.
Aeronautical Engineering Colleges
There are Aeronautical Engineering Colleges can be Universities as well as Institutes that offer the course. Aeronautical Engineering Universities/ Institutes can be through AME CET exam the options of Aeronautical Engineering colleges will be given to them based on their All India Rank (AIR). All the colleges are one of the topmost Aeronautical Engineering colleges of their states of India. The Aeronautical Engineering Universities/ Institutes are from different places in India so that it is comfortable for students to enrol in that.
All the Aeronautical Engineering colleges in which student gets admission will be approved by AICTE, Govt. of India. The campus has well-qualified lecture to teach students and help them to build a bright future ahead.
Aeronautical Engineering Scope
The Aeronautical Engineering scope in India is growing in the aviation sector and putting their step towards manufacturing business. It will raise the demand of Aeronautical Engineering career. Aeronautical Engineering scope is in demanded both India as well as abroad. They are required in Airline Services as well as aircraft-manufacturing units in private and public sectors.
After completion of the course, the Aeronautical course of engineering scope lies in such a way that at the initial level these engineers are hired as Junior Engineers or graduate engineer trainees. Based on their performance in the organizations, they are promoted to the suitable designation.
The Aeronautical Engineering scope can apply in the following fields after completion of Aeronautical Engineering course: -
- Airlines: - Airlines are a company that provides air transport which helps passengers to travel. The role of the aeronautical engineer is that they use their technical knowledge to improve flight safety and fuel efficiency, reduce costs and address the environmental impact of air travel.
- Aircraft Manufacturing Companies: - As the Aeronautics fields are related to the manufacturing of the aircraft's, so they play an important role in these organizations.
- Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies: - This company builds the components of an aircraft to manufacture those components Aeronautical Engineers are appointed.
- Civil Defence Forces: - In defence, Aeronautical Engineering career can be in designing, manufacturing, and testing military weapons, aircraft, and missiles.
- Research Organizations:- Aeronautical Engineer builds their career in research organizations such as ISRO, NASA, DRDO, etc.
- Maintenance, Repair and Overhauls (MRO) Industries: - They use their technicality to improve the specialized function performed in maintenance actions on aircraft and their components.
Aeronautical Engineering Subjects
The Aeronautical Engineering course duration is 4 years which includes 8 semesters. One semester out of the eight have practical training in the live environment and other semesters have academic sessions. In each academic session, there are approximately 6- 7 Aeronautical courses of Engineering subjects in each semester which student has to qualify to attain the B. Tech (Aeronautical Engineering) Degree. The few core Aeronautical Engineering subjects are given below to provide the student with an idea of what they have to study after joining the course:
- Materials sciences
- Structural Analysis
- Fluid Dynamics
- Automatic Control and Guidance
- Aircraft Performance and Aircraft Structures
Aeronautical Engineering Work Profile
The Aeronautical Engineering work profile plays a vital role in the aviation sector. Aeronautical Engineering work profiles are mentioned below to provide an overview for the course: -
- Provide direction and coordination to the designing, manufacturing, and testing of an aircraft.
- Evaluate the proposal for a project if they are technically and financially feasible.
- Assess if the outcome of the project meets the goals that are defined earlier.
- Evaluate design to look that the products meet the engineering principles, environmental regulations, and customer requirements.
- Build the acceptance criteria for quality standard, design method, sustainment after delivery of project, and completion dates.
- Ensure that projects reach the quality standard as defined in the proposal.
- If there is any damage to the product, identify the sources of problems and possible solution for that.
Aeronautical Engineering salary
Aeronautical Engineering salary package will depend upon the academic excellence and skill set of the students. The skillset includes analytic skills, business skills, critical thinking skills, math skills, problem-solving skills, and writing skills. The average Aeronautical Engineering salary in this field ranges from INR 6 to 10 lakhs per annum as per the report on payscale. The salary depends on the academic excellence and skill set of the students.
Abroad salaries can even be more than in India for Aeronautical Engineer. The average Aeronautical Engineering salary internationally will be $ 82724 per annum according to the report at the payscale.
The Increment or hike in salary depends upon the employer, current position and one’s performance in an organization. The salary in the government and private sectors are good. Based on the student choice and skill they can choose the government and private sectors.
Aeronautical Engineering Job Opportunities
Aeronautical Engineering job opportunities are in various aircraft manufacturing organizations. The job opportunities can be grabbed by the student in organizations that can be in India or abroad.
Few top organizations provide Aeronautical Engineering job opportunities are written below as such: -
- Civil Aviation Department
- Defense Industry
- Indian Space Research Organizations (ISRO)
- Aeronautical Development Establishment
- National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL)
- Air India
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
Aeronautical Engineering Job profile
Aeronautical Engineering job profile is not only in the aviation industry, but also in Defense sector like Air Force. They can apply for the scientific and technological principles to research, construct, design, and test the performance of the civil and military weapons, aircraft and missiles. Maintenance of these also comes under the Aeronautical Engineer job profile.
Aeronautical Engineer uses Computer Software like Computer-Aided Design (CAD) to develop the aircraft or related avionics. These branches also required specialization in Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and similar fields.
The commonly offered Aeronautical Engineering job profiles are as follows:-
- Aircraft Engineers: - Aircraft Engineers are involved in the application of scientific and technological principles to research, development, and design of aircraft and their components.
- Thermal Design Engineer: -The job role of the thermal design systems and processes to convert generated energy from various thermal sources into chemical, mechanical or electrical energy.
- Aircraft Production Manager: - Aircraft Production Manager has to keep an eye on the production in terms of quality, pricing, market analysis.
- Aerospace Design Checker: - Aerospace Design Checker’s role is to check whether the design of an aircraft and its components.
Aeronautical Engineering Higher Qualification
Aeronautical Engineering higher qualification can be pursued as gaining new knowledge is always beneficial for the students. They can pursue a higher qualification to avail the new opportunities.
After completion of the B Tech/BE in Aeronautical Engineering higher qualifications can also pursue M Tech/MSc in the specialization in the following fields: -
- Dynamics and Control
- Aerospace Propulsion
After pursuing higher qualifications in any of the above specializations, students can pursue the doctorate (Ph D) from any institution.