With a budget of more than 1.5 billion dollars and a record of launching the most satellites in a single mission, India's leading space agency, the ISRO ranks at no. 5 worldwide. It is not the end, many satellites, rockets, missiles, etc. will also be launched in the future which can enhance the rank of the ISRO at the international level thereby increasing career opportunities. India is one of the countries having brilliant and hardworking youth which can take the aviation sector to the next level. The students who are interested in the segment of research and technology can join this.
On the path the aviation sector is going, this career is touching new heights. ISRO launched the Chandrayaan 2 to the moon, Mangalyaan to Mars which reflects the growth of research.
Aerospace Engineer can have a career in the following profile which are as follows:-
- Aerospace Designer checker
- Aircraft Production Managers
- Mechanical Design Engineers
- Assistant Technical Officers
- Thermal Design Engineers
What does an Aerospace Engineers Do
Aerospace Engineering is an engineering branch in the aviation sector. There are following works which have to do to be an aerospace engineer:-
- Developing and designing new and innovative technologies for aircraft and spacecraft.
- Formulating new ways to make flights more economical and efficient.
- Testing and assembling different parts of an airplane.
- Evaluating the cost and feasibility of a new project.
- Examining faulty or malfunctioning parts of an aircraft and solving the issue.
- Designing new parts for aircraft in coordination with the design team.
- Analyzing the ill-effects of aviation on the environment and coming up with new ways to make flights more environment-friendly.
- Finalizing the design of parts by considering all the quality standards.
- Ensuring that the manufacturing and designing process is in complete adherence to engineering principles, safety norms, and customer requirements.
- Making new and improved standards for aircraft to minimize risks.
Aerospace Engineering Job Opportunities
These organizations are one of the reputed and top recruiting organizations in which an aerospace engineer can work, they’re as follows:-
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL):- HAL is the organization that is involved in designing, fabricating, and assembling aircraft, jet engines, and their spare parts.
- Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO):- DRDO is a network of more than laboratories that are deeply engaged in developing and researching the technologies.
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO):- ISRO is an Indian organization that performs research on technologies and develops new technology.
- Civil Aviation Department:- Civil Aviation Department is related to the civil aviation services of an aircraft. It covers all types of commercial air transport.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA):- NASA is an agency of the United States Federal Government responsible for aircraft and spacecraft research.
- Boeing:- Boeing is one of the most popular and reputed companies that design, manufacture, and sell airplanes, rotorcraft, rockets, satellites, and missiles worldwide.
- Airbus:- Airbus is a multinational aerospace corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells civil and military aerospace products worldwide.
- Airlines :- Airlines such as Air India, IndiGo, Vistara, SpiceJet, etc. offer air transportation to the passengers.
- National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL):- National Aerospace Laboratories is a high technology-oriented institution concentrating on advanced topics in aerospace and related disciplines.
- Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) Organizations:- MRO Organizations are those organizations that are specialized in performing a task related to the maintenance, repair, and rectifying of the issues of an aircraft.