Cabin Crew is a certification course of 11 months duration depending on program and institute, The Cabin Crew program covers air hostess /or flight steward (male). They are responsible for the comfort of the passengers, welfare and safety of the passengers on board. Cabin crew plays an important role in the airlines. Well every passenger deserves a magnificent customer service from airlines. Therefore, for making this possible, airlines hire Cabin Crew. India will be opening 100 new airports. So, choosing career as a cabin crew will be beneficial for young students.
To pursue Cabin Crew certification program student must have fulfilled following eligibility criteria:-
- To pursue Cabin Crew course, the student must have passed 10+2 with any stream or 3 years engineering diploma from any recognized board/university.
- Students who have undergraduate degree are also eligible for Cabin Crew program.
- Age limit for applying for the Cabin Crew must be between 17 to 25 years at the time of admission.
- The height must be 155 cm or above for Females and 170 cm or above for Males in proportion to weight.
- To get up to 100% scholarship and admission in one of the top cabin crew institute in India. Student can apply for AME CET national level entrance exam.
Cabin Crew course has a vast scope in aviation with various job opportunities in the top airlines. The duration of course in India is tentatively 11 months in which student will enhance their personality and communication skills. During study, the students will also get knowledge of Aircraft, Emergency Situation Handling, Passenger psychology, Technical Training, etc. After the completion of the course, student will get certificate in Cabin Crew.
There are various subjects in Cabin Crew and the list of subjects is given below to give you an idea of study in Cabin Crew:-
- Aircraft Familiarization
- Food and Catering Services
- Flight Evaluation
- First Aid
- Leadership and Inter- Department Coordination
- Emergency Situation Handling
- Airport Familiarization
- Communication Skills
- Technical Training (Basic Aircraft Functions, Safety Procedures, etc.)
- In-flight Procedures
- Personality Development
- Passenger Handling
- Grooming and Presentation
Whenever we travel by aircraft happy and helpful Cabin Crew are the main requirement of passengers. Cabin Crew is also known as Air hostess/Flight attendant / stewards. Their work in the airlines is to ensure the comfort and safety of passengers in both flights national and international. Cabin Crew can be employed in international, national, commercial, chartered, and in some military aircraft.
Top National Recruiting Airlines:-
- Air India
- Spice Jet
- Go Air
- Air Asia India
- Alliance Air
- Luwang Air
- Air Deccan
- Blue Dart Aviation
- Pinnacle Air
- Spirit Air
- Supreme Airlines
- Titan Aviation
- Ventura Air Connect
- And many more...
To become Cabin Crew, the candidate has to follow following Admission Process:-
- To join Cabin Crew program a candidate should fill the form of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Common Entrance Test (AME CET).
- After clearing AME CET Exam, based on the All India Rank (AIR) of AME CET they will get up to 100% scholarship and admission in one of the top cabin crew institutes in India.
A cabin crew fee is tentatively INR 1 Lakhs to 1.5 Lakhs for the complete course depending on the institute. After the completion of course student will get certificate in the field of Cabin Crew.
Cabin crew is one of the best career courses after 10+2 examination. Once the student complete the course, he/ she can apply for the job in government and private airline. To make a successful career as a cabin crew one must have a pleasing personality and appropriate skills. The average salary of cabin crew will range from INR 4 Lakhs to 8 Lakhs per annum depending upon the skill set in India.