Aerospace Engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the designing, testing, manufacturing, and constructing the aircraft, spacecraft, rockets, satellite, space shuttle, etc. Aerospace Engineering courses are often known as Rocket Science. Aerospace Engineering colleges in India are approved by AICTE, Govt. of India. Aerospace Engineering exam for entrance can be through AME CET 2020 that offers admission and scholarship in Aircraft Engineering course in one of the leading institutes approved by AICTE, Government of India. Based on AME CET 2020 All India Rank (AIR), students participate in counselling and conform their admission in government approved Aerospace institutes. Aerospace Engineering exam for entrance is of the objective pattern and is in Hindi & English medium both. The question paper comprises of 90 questions and each question carries 4 marks.
About Aerospace Engineering Branches
About Aerospace Engineering branches, there is just one difference that one deals with aircraft and other deals with spacecraft. There are two Aerospace Engineering branches- Aeronautical Engineering and Astronautical Engineering. Aeronautical Engineering deals with designing and manufacturing within the Earth’s atmosphere and Astronautical Engineering deals with designing and manufacturing outside the Earth’s atmosphere. The complete information about Aerospace Engineering can be learned by going through all the Aerospace Engineering subjects.
Study Aerospace Engineering Courses
Study Aerospace Engineering courses is always enjoyable and exciting who are passionate about this career. Study Aerospace Engineering courses are to train students to design aircraft of any kind like traveling, cargo or space. With the development of technology, the aviation sector is also getting wider. In today’s world, aircraft are used in traveling, war, shipping, spying, or any research activities.
Study Aerospace Engineering courses allow the student to develop new technologies for use in aviation, defense systems, space exploration and sometimes specialize in areas like structures, vehicle movement and control, propulsion systems, communications, and overall vehicle design. The Aerospace Engineering college courses is a 4-years B Tech/BE program comprises of 8 semesters which allow student to grab theoretical and practical knowledge of aircraft, space-shuttles, missiles, etc.
About Aerospace Engineering Eligibility
The students who wish to pursue this program have to fulfill the about Aerospace Engineering Eligibility criteria for the entrance exam to get admission in Institutes.
The Aerospace Engineering qualifications should be fulfilled before taking admission:-
- An Applicant must pass 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or 3 years engineering diploma in any stream from any recognized Board/University at the time of admission in Institutes.
- Candidate has good calculative, mathematical and observation skills.
- Candidate can qualify the AME CET exam for admission in India.
Aerospace Engineering Scholarship
Aerospace Engineering engineering will be offered to the meritorious students and encourage them. After clearing the AME CET exam, based on the All India Rank (AIR) Aerospace Engineering Scholarship will be provided to the students. Upto 100 % scholarship will be provided to the students.
The scholarship will be based on the performance of the students. AME CET 2020 Scholarship is available for qualified students, irrespective of student’s caste, gender, community and religion. This scholarship offers an excellent opportunity to the students to build their bright career as Aircraft Engineering sector.
Aerospace Courses Fees
Aerospace Courses fees vary from universities to universities. As the institutes are in different states of India so there is a wide range of fees. The fees can be paid to the institutes semester wise.
The exact Aerospace courses fee details can be seen on the specific college page. There will be Education Loan facilities available for the students through the bank. The Aerospace courses fees will be different for Indian and NRI students and relatively high for the NRI students.
Aerospace Engineering Admission Procedure
To become an Aerospace Engineer, the candidate has to follow the following Aerospace Engineering Admission Procedure to get admission in one of the leading institutions in India:-
- To take Aerospace Engineering Admission, a candidate can register themselves by filling the form of AME CET 2020 from the official website www.amecet.in.
- After clearing the AME CET Exam according to the All India Rank (AIR) of AME CET, they will get admission in top Aerospace Engineering Institutes approved by AICTE, Government of India.
Aerospace Engineering Colleges in India
There is a vast number of Aerospace Engineering colleges in India that offer this course. Aerospace Engineering Universities can be through the AME CET exam the options of colleges will be given to the students based on their All India Rank (AIR). All the colleges are one of the topmost Aerospace Engineering colleges of their states of India. The Aerospace Engineering Universities are from different places in India so that it is comfortable for the student to enroll in that.
All the Aerospace Engineering colleges in India in which student gets admission will be approved by AICTE, Government of India. The campus has well-qualified and excellence lecturers so that Aerospace Engineering study can be done better.
Aerospace Engineering Career
The Aerospace Engineering Career in India is frequently growing in the aviation sector and research fields. It will raise the demand for Aerospace Engineering Career. Aerospace Engineering Scope is in demand in India as well as abroad. They are required in Airline Services, aircraft-manufacturing units, and research fields in private and public sectors.
After completion of the course, Aerospace Engineering Scope lies in such a way that at the initial level these engineers are hired as Junior Engineers or graduate engineer trainees. Based on their performance in the organizations, they are promoted to a suitable designation.
The student can build their Aerospace Engineering career in the following fields:-
- Airlines:- Airlines are the safest means of transport. It is an organization that provides air means of transportation. The role of the aerospace engineer is that they use their technical knowledge to improve flight safety and fuel efficiency, reduce costs and address the environmental impact of air travel.
- Maintenance, Repair, and Overhauls (MRO) Industries:- Aerospace Engineer uses their technicality to improve the specialized function performed in maintenance actions on aircraft
- Aircraft Manufacturing Companies:- As the Aerospace fields are related to the manufacturing of the aircraft, rockets, missiles, etc. so they play essential in these organizations.
- Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies:- This company builds the components of an aircraft, rockets, missiles, etc. to manufacture those components Aerospace Engineers are appointed.
- Civil Defense Forces:- In Defense Aerospace Engineering career can be in designing, manufacturing, and testing military weapons, aircraft, missiles, etc.
- Researches Organizations:- Aerospace Engineer builds their career in research organizations such as ISRO, NASA, DRDO, etc.
Aerospace Engineering Subjects
The Aerospace Engineering course duration is 4 years which includes 8 semesters. In each academic session, there are approximately 6-7 Aerospace Engineering subjects in each semester which student has to qualify to attain the B. Tech (Aerospace Engineering) Degree.
The few core Aerospace Engineering subjects are given below to provide the student with an idea of what they have to study after joining the course:-
- Materials sciences
- Airframe Stress Analysis and Sizing
- Compressible Fluid Flow
- Fluid Dynamics
- Automatic Control and Guidance
- Aircraft Performance and Aircraft Structures
Aerospace Engineering Work Profile
The Aerospace Engineering work profile plays a vital role in the aviation sector. An overview of the Aerospace Engineering responsibilities is mentioned below to provide:-
- Provide direction and coordination to the designing, manufacturing, and testing of an aircraft, rocket system, space-shuttles, etc.
- Evaluate proposals if they are technically and financially feasible in the project.
- Look at the outcome of the project that meets the goals that are defined earlier.
- Evaluate design and keep an eye on the products to meet the engineering principles, environmental regulations, and customer requirements.
- Build the acceptance criteria for quality standard, design method, sustainment after delivery of project, and completion dates.
- Ensure that projects meet the quality standard as defined in the proposal.
- If there is any damage to the product, identify the sources of problems and feasible solutions for that.
Aerospace Engineering Salary
Aerospace Engineering Salary package will depend upon the academic excellence and skill set of the students. The skills set includes business skills, analytic skills, critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, math skills, and writing skills. The average Aerospace Engineer salary in this field ranges from INR 8 to 9 lakhs per month as per the report on payscale. The salary depends on the skills and knowledge of academic excellence.
Abroad salaries can even be more than in India for Aerospace Engineer. The average Aerospace Engineering salary will be $ 82,706 per month according to the report at the payscale.
The increment or hike in salary depends upon the skills of the employee, current position, and one’s performance in an organization. The Aerospace Engineer salary in the Government and private sector is excellent.
Aerospace Engineering Job Opportunities
Aerospace Engineering job opportunities are hired in aircraft manufacturing organizations. Few top organizations provide Aerospace Engineering job opportunities are written below as such:-
- Defense Industry
- Civil Aviation Department
- Indian Space Research Organizations (ISRO)
- National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL)
- Aeronautical Development Establishment
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Air India
Aerospace Engineering Job profile
Aerospace Engineering job profile is not only in the aviation industry but also in the Defense sector like Air Force. This engineer can apply for the scientific and technological principles to research, construct, design, and test the performance of civil and military weapons, aircraft and missiles. Maintenance of these also comes under the Aerospace Engineering job profile.
The commonly offered Aerospace Engineering responsibilities towards the job profiles are as follows:-
- Aircraft Engineers:- Aircraft Engineers are involved in the application of scientific and technological principles to research, development, and design of aircraft, missiles, space shuttle, etc.
- Thermal Design Engineer:- This job plays the role of the thermal design systems and processes to convert generated energy from various thermal sources into chemical, mechanical or electrical energy.
- Aircraft Production Manager:- Aircraft Production Manager has to keep an eye on the production in terms of quality, pricing, market analysis and check whether the product is meeting the goals that are assigned.
- Aircraft Structural Engineer:- The Aircraft Structural Engineer are those who build the structure of an aircraft.
- CAD Technician:- This job profile uses CAD software to create technical drawings and plans for products and parts used in the engineering, construction, and manufacturing industries.
- Aerospace Design Checker:- Aerospace Design Checker’s role is to check whether the design of aircraft, rocket systems, space-shuttles, etc.
What to study after Aerospace Engineering Course?
The study Aerospace Engineering can be pursued as gaining more knowledge is always beneficial for the students. They can pursue a higher qualification to avail of new opportunities in the career. After completion of study Aerospace Engineering can also pursue the specialization in the following fields:-
- Dynamics and Control
- Aerospace Propulsion
After pursuing a higher qualification in any of the above specializations, the student can pursue in the following:-