AME Course Eligibility
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is a 4 years license programme. Comprises of 2 years academic and 2 years practical training in flying environment. AME course can pursue through Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), Govt of India approved AME Institutes in India. Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course is related to protection and well-being of the aircrafts and its passengers.
The eligibility criteria to pursue an Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course which is such as:-
- Candidate must passed 10+2 with non-medical stream or equivalent AICTE approved 3 years engineering diploma in any stream or any higher qualification in science with Physics and Mathematics at the time of admission.
- Candidate who are eligible for admission in B Tech Courses are also eligible for Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) programme.
- Candidate age can be between 16 to 28 years at the time of admission.
- Candidate must not have colour blindness and any physical disabilities.
- Candidate must have minimum 45% marks in 10+2 with PCM or equivalent.
Who should join AME Course?
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is responsible for safety, security and maintenance of an aircraft. It is a job of high dignity and responsibility because an aircraft can’t take off without approval from Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. He is whole and soul of an aircraft when it is on ground.
So a candidate must have some additional abilities to become an excellent AME which are as follows:-
- Passionate to work in exciting and innovative aviation industry worldwide.
- Love to work on Aircrafts and Flying environments.
- Sometimes an AME have to travel worldwide so a candidate must like to explore the world.
- Candidate must have positive attitude & desire to do creative and innovative work.
- Good at problem solving skill and excellent in learning new skills.
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is a profile of high dignity and responsibility so a candidate should responsible towards his work.
Why should join AME Course?
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is a high class job with excellent salary package. In Indian there is skill shortage of aircraft engineers. The number of jobs is more than the Aircraft Maintenance Engineers in India this is the reason behind the golden career opportunity for AME in India.
These are the following factors why a candidate should join AME Course:-
- India is the fastest growing aviation market in the world.
- India has more than 25% traffic growth in domestic air passengers that’s why India has ordered 1080 Aircrafts which will create new opportunities for AME Career.
- India is the best place to provide excellent and skilled manpower in the world that’s why every international big player is interested to start their venture in India.
- India is going to be MRO Hub, Boeing and Airbus is going to setup their MRO industry in India. The MRO requires more Aircraft Maintenance Engineers so the demand of AME is going to hike.
- Qatar Airways is going to start a new airline in India with 100 aircrafts.
- Uber is going to launch Air Taxi by 2020 in India, it will generate requirement of huge number of AME to maintain these Helicopters.