AME is responsible to ensure that the aircrafts is operating properly or not. The safety, security and maintenance of aircrafts and its passengers are on the shoulders of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. AME inspects, services, repairs and overhauls civil aircrafts. The AME is the licensed person who carries out the maintenance of an aircrafts. The license is widespread internationally. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is highly paid professional in aviation sector worldwide.
Safety is very important factor, when it comes to aircraft. An aircraft is made of thousands of latest technologies and numerous parts, engines, electrical and electronic systems etc. With time and use, parts tend to wear and tear down, thus regular inspection and maintenance of aircraft have become very necessary. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is specially trained to inspect an aircraft, diagnose problems, report the problems found and finally solve them.
The aircrafts contains responsibility of huge number of passengers. AME is a job with high dignity and responsibility as it deals with well being and protection of aircrafts and its passengers. Before flight take off, it is the responsibility of licensed AME to troubleshoot the problem of the aircrafts.
AME requires skilled and knowledgeable candidates because they are the backbone of aviation industry and no aircraft can fly without Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s approval. AME should be passionate about his work. No doubt they have great salary. It is a first class job. The lifestyle after completing AME is luxurious. According to payscale 2018, the average salary of an AME is INR 7,23,719 per month.
There are the excellent career scopes for AME to bright up their career in aviation industry.
There is the following news which impacts the scope of AME career:
The qualifications to become an AME are as following:-
AME License:- To become an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer a candidate must have AME License. It is the mandatory qualification to apply for Job in aviation sector as AME. The license is issued by DGCA Govt of India. The license of AME is very valuable as AME can work in India and abroad in government and private sector.
There are some extra skills which are helpful to become an AME:-
- Mathematical Ability:- Mathematics builds ability in the candidate to solve problem easily. If Candidate has good mathematical ability then he/she can solve the problem easily in aircrafts.
- Ability to work as part of a team:- The AME operates the aircrafts in a team so a candidate is comfortable to work in team.
- Accountability:- It is accountability of AME for the well being and protection of aircrafts.
- Ability to work odd hours:- AME is required in favourable and unfavourable time and place. An AME is capable to work in each and every circumstance.
- Communication skill:- AME should have good communication skills. He should have good command in English.
- Confidence:- AME can present himself properly and confidently. The AME should have positive attitude towards his work.
How to get AME License?
There is a process to get AME Eligibility which is as follows:-
- Completion of course (COC):- After completion of 2 years academic programme in the AME institutes. The candidate gets the COC. AME institute in India are approved by DGCA. DGCA is the Indian body which is under the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- Modules:- Modules are conducted by DGCA, Govt of India. There are total 17 modules according to DGCA but candidates have to clear the module in accordance to the stream they have chosen. It is mandatory for candidate to clear the modules.
- Experience:– The total course is of 4 years. In starting 2 years there will academic programme and remaining 2 years there will be training in flying environment. The knowledge gain at the time of training will be considered as experience while applying for AME license.
Process to Get AME License
- To get COC (Completion of Course) Certificate a candidate has to undergo 2 year academic program in DGCA, Govt of India approved AME institutes. In this 2 years program a candidate will get theoretical knowledge and practical training of aircrafts. After successful completion of 2 years academic program a candidate will get COC Certificate.
- In this 2 years academic programme there are some modules which candidates have to clear. The modules examination will be conducted by DGCA Govt of India.
- There will be 2 years industrial training on live environment in which candidate gets knowledge with stipend.
- After that eligible candidate will get AME License as per DGCA norms.