About IIAE Pune
We, the Indira Institute of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (IIAE) Pune welcome students to fulfill their dream of touching the sky and building their priceless career in glorious aviation field. The IIAE can empower our students to achieve their goal by providing effective training in the fields of theoretical and practical aspects of aviation.
Pune is globally well connected by air and also by rail and roads to the other important and major states of India so that students can pursue the AME course in Pune easily. IIAE is one of the best AME institutes in Pune as the Geographical location makes this Institute the most comfortable not only this but also the standard of living is far better as compared to the other places and yet less expensive. The institute is accessible and approachable through the internet.
Our main focus towards our students are as follows: -
- One to one attention towards the academic/career growth of the students.
- Best possible environment to the students in which they can succeed.
- Make the student understands the basic fundamentals and their practical applications.
- To recruit qualified faculty and staff for pursue research and creative activities that maintain and extend knowledge in Aviation, Aerospace, and related disciplines.
AME + B Sc. (Aviation) Course Details
It is the integral course of AME and B Sc. (Aviation). AME is approved by DGCA, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Govt. of India and B Sc. (Aviation) is approved by affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University. Both the course runs in parallel and the syllabus also remain the same. After completion of the whole course, the student can get a license of AME as well as a bachelor degree. The students can apply for UPSC, SSC other Govt. official exams, Airlines, MRO and other posts where AME can apply. The students can also pursue a PG course in a various course.
The maintenance of modern sophisticated aircraft calls for a high degree of technical knowledge, competence, proficiency & integrity on the part of the concerned personnel. Tremendous responsibility lies upon the AME who are certifying the aircrafts.
AME + B Sc. (Aviation) Course Duration
The course duration will be 2 year’s regular academic program for AME license as well as B Sc. (AME) degree and last 2 semesters of B Sc. (Aviation) exams students can give at the training time. The students has to undergo 2 years of training in the flying environment such as Airlines, MRO, etc. In the academic session students has to clear their modules conducted by DGCA.
Approximately 50% of the day is spent on theory discussions in a classroom sessions followed by hands-on practical training in the shops and hangars located at our college. The student studies in theoretical classes that is done in practical on workshop practices, laboratory procedures, calibration testing, and other instrumentation tests as well as ground running and servicing of engines, airframes, and systems.
After completion of modules, B Sc.(AME) exams and practical training students will get AME License by DGCA and B Sc. (AME) degree by Pune University. On the basis of AME License students can do the job as Aircraft Maintenance Engineers in the government sector as well as private sector worldwide.
AME + B Sc. (Aviation) Stream
We at IIAE, provide the theoretical and practical training in the license B2. B2 is known as avionics in AME. B2 license is to certify airworthiness of the electronics and electrical system of an aircraft. This includes:-
- Electrical System:- They get skill to operate electrical machine, wiring, etc.
- Instrument System:- This provide the information about the flight situation. At the cockpit, many instruments been placed that are maintained by these engineers.
- Radio and Navigation System:- Navigation, Science of directing a craft by determining its position course and distance travelled.
The degree of B Sc. provides in aviation. This course syllabus relates to the avionics. The subject which will be involved in this will be Digital electronics, Mathematics, electrical Fundamentals, etc.
AME + B Sc. (Aviation) Fee Structure
The academic fees in this AME College in Pune are paid by the student semester wise. The fee structure for the AME + B.Sc. Course is as follows:-
||AME Books Fees
- As per session 2019, the session 2022 it may vary.
- Practical training fees have been excluded from the above fees.
AME + B Sc.(Aviation) Hostel Fee Structure
Institute provides separate hostel facilities for boys and girls with mess facilities. Hostel accommodation is provided on the basis of “First Come First Serve”. In case hostel accommodation is full, the Institute shall provide assistance in getting the alternate accommodation. To maintain cleanliness and hygiene is our basic aim. They serve the varieties of food stuff of different tastes.
The hostel fee structure given below does not include mess charges. Mess will be optional to students. If a student wants to food from then INR 2,500/- per month will be charged extra.
||Hostel Fees per year
IIAE, Pune Facilities
- Aircraft Hangar:- We are having our own Live Heavy Aircraft “Lear Jet-24B” and hangar equipped with all the facilities. The student achieves practical knowledge and enhance their skills while working on live aircraft.
- Workshop:- In our institute workshop has all necessary facilities like hand tools as well as power operated tools like drilling machines, grinding machine, air compressor, buffing machine, lathe machine, power wood saw, etc.
- Library:- Library is a mirror that reflects the Institute. Our Institute has all books related to the AME and B.Sc. Course curriculum, also additional reference books. The institute also subscribes numerous journals and magazines on the related subjects, helps updating knowledge with latest news and technology.
- Computer Labs:- The institute having high configuration system in the laboratory equipped with multi-operating systems and various software program. The internet facilities are available 24 X 7 in the institute.
- Electrical System Laboratory:- In our institute electrical system laboratory, we give an insight to the various electrical components and assemblies to impart demo and hands on exposure. This is the basic lab for electrical in which students interact with various theorems, machine, electrical network, etc.
- Instrument System Laboratory:- Flight instruments are the instruments in the cockpit of an aircrafts that provide the pilot with information about the flight situation of that aircraft such as altitude airspeed & Direction Similarly in the Instrument Laboratory the students are exposed to the various Aircraft Instruments System.
- Radio & Navigation System:- Positive and effective communication is the need of hour and hence we being the part of Aviation Industry cannot afford to lack in the same. In the aircraft, there are various systems of Radio and Navigation i.e. Radio and Telecommunication (RT).
Many candidates apply for admission each year and we hope to make the process smooth and hassle-free. The students who desire to build their career as Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) in IIAE has to follow procedure: -
- The candidate has to fulfill the eligibility criteria which 10+2 with PCM / 3-year engineering diploma in Electrical or Mechanical
- The student can fill the AME CET 2022 application form from their official site www.amecet.in
- After clearing the entrance exam, candidate has to attend AME Admission counselling to confirm their admission in IIAE institute according to there All India Rank (AIR) of AME CET 2022.
MOU & Tie ups
- Air India
- Indamer Pvt. Ltd.
The placement cell IIAE serves as an interface between the students and the corporate world. Apart from bringing various reputed organizations to the campus, the cell also organizes seminars related to the study abroad seminars, internship opportunities and workshops for the collective student body.
In organization such thing, we ensure that we fulfil our primary focus of providing a helping hand to students in their initial step into the world of work. Our cell has always believed in building everlasting bonds with our corporate partners. We at IIAE institution believe that the journey has just begun as we strive to scale new heights and in the process give a step forward to career of the students.