To become a Flying Officer in the Indian military, one typically needs to follow these steps:
- Education: Obtain a bachelors degree in any field from a recognized university.
- Physical Fitness: Meet the physical fitness requirements set by the relevant branch of the military.
- Aptitude Test: Pass the Indian Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) or a similar entrance exam.
- Initial Screening: Pass an initial screening process that includes a written test, physical examination, and interview.
- Training: Complete the required training program, which typically includes both ground school and flight training.
- Commissioning: Upon completion of training, receive a commission as a Flying Officer.