Flight Engineers are those engineers who are responsible for monitoring all aircraft engine and control systems while in-flight. Flight engineer is also known as an air engineer. They are the members of the aircraft's flight crew who monitor and operate its complex aircraft system. Flight crew are also said to be air crew and they are the personnel who operate an aircraft during the flight.
Flight engineers are responsible for inspection of flight during the takeoff and landing of an aircraft. On airplanes the sitting position of Flight Engineer(FE) is just behind the two pilots on the same deck. FE helps to monitor the aircraft’s flight path, speed and attitude. They also know how to fly an aircraft and in some critical conditions they take the second position, captain and FE together review and carry out the necessary actions required to contain and rectify the problem.
Other work of the flight engineer is to maintain and control major systems like fuel, pressurization and air conditioning, hydraulic, electrics, ice, rain and protection of all systems from overheating, etc. Flight engineers specialize in all aspects of aircraft machinery, runway systems, pressure oil, wing flags and even grip gear.
To become a Flight Engineer one should firstly pursue the course of Flight Engineering. To pursue one of the following courses one should become a flight engineer. Some leading courses are described below:-
- B.E Aircraft Maintenance Engineering:- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is the study of safety, security and maintenance of an aircraft. They troubleshoot the issue facing by an aircraft and resolve it on a technical level. AME is responsible for the airworthy condition of an aircraft. To know more about B.E Aircraft Maintenance Engineering click here.
- Aeronautical Engineering:- They are the engineers of the aviation sector who deal with designing, developing, construction and maintenance of an aircraft. They only deal with those aircraft and spacecraft which are present within Earth’s Atmosphere. To know more about Aeronautical Engineering click here.
- Aerospace Engineering:- Aerospace Engineering is an overlapping branch of aerospace engineering and astronautical engineering. They are those engineers who know the whole knowledge about aircraft and spacecraft. It is the field where candidates know the designing, developing, testing of an aircraft, spacecraft and other related components. To know more about Aerospace Engineering click here.
To pursue the Flight Engineering Course one should firstly fulfill the eligibility criteria of pursuing the course.
The course duration of Flight Engineering courses is 4 years and has 8 semesters. The course and the institute is approved through AICTE(All India Council of Technical Education). During the course one should grab the knowledge about the aircraft and its numerous parts. Flight Engineering courses are the combination of classroom knowledge and workshop knowledge. Through this students get complete understanding about the aircraft and its numerous parts.
Basically Flight Engineering Courses are the Engineering courses of the aviation sector.
Flight Engineering Course fees depend on various factors like:-
- Which stream of Flight Engineers one should choose in their AME CET Counseling.
- Which college/ institute one should choose in their AME CET Counseling.
The total course Fees structure ranges from INR 4 to 8 Lakhs.
In the above fees hostel fees are not available. Hostel facility is also available in college if one wants to take the hostel facility then he/she pays for it.