Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) career opportunities in India
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is having a bright future as India is growing in aviation so rapidly. The growth rates of air passengers are increasing widely which hike the career opportunities for Aircraft Maintenance Engineers in India. AME is a unique career for those who want to fly. This is the golden era for those who are searching for different career opportunities other than traditional engineering like B Tech and BE. Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is the course related to maintenance of an aircraft. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer keeps the aircraft in airworthy condition. The safety and security of aircrafts and aircraft’s passengers are responsibility of licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
AME is a license based international program. The license attained by Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is authorised internationally. Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer can work in government or private sector in India or abroad.
Responsibility and Lifestyle after completing Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
AME is a job with high dignity and responsibility as it deals with well being and protection of aircrafts and aircraft’s passengers. AME requires skilled and knowledgeable candidates because he is the whole and soul of an Aircraft at ground and no aircraft can fly without aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s approval. AME should passionate about the work.
No doubt the salary of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers is very high. It is a first class job. The lifestyle after completing AME is luxurious. According to payscale 2018, the average salary of an AME is INR 7,23,719 per month.
Employment Sectors after doing Aircraft Maintenance Engineering in India
The employment sectors where an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer can do work.
- Airlines: Airlines are company that provide air transport for the passenger’s to travel. Before aircraft fly, Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer has to analyse and solve the problems of aircrafts. After signing Flight Releasing Certificate (FRC) an aircraft can fly.
- Maintenance, Repair and Overhauls (MRO) industries: MRO companies are those companies which specialize in performing maintenance actions on aircraft and their components such as jet engines, landing gears etc. To maintain the actions licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer are required.
- Aircraft Manufacturing Companies: Aircraft Manufacturing Companies deals in the manufacturing of aircrafts such as Boeing, Airbus etc. For maintaining and operating engines, electronics system etc Aircraft Maintenance Engineer are hired.
- Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies: Aircraft are made up of numerous parts. To manufacture those parts Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies have builds. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer can analyse those parts and help them to build better one.
- Aircraft Operation Organizations: EASA, ICAO etc are the Aircraft Operation Organization. There organization deals with safety and security of civil aviation. When it’s about Safety in aircraft, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is the first nAME that cAME out.
- Aviation Training Centres: There are Aircraft Maintenance Engineer who tells other candidate about the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering and its scope.
- Flying Clubs: A flying club is an organization that provides its members with affordable access to aircraft. That aircraft need to be maintenance which is done by licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.
- Civil Defence Forces: There are many aircrafts which defence use for various purposes to protect the country. Defence are also maintenance by license Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- And any place where an aircraft is used in civil: Wherever aircrafts are used they require to be maintained by authorised Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
Job Opportunities after completing Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
Top National Recruiting Airlines:
Aircraft Maintenance plays an important role in airlines. It is mandatory for every aircraft to be verified by licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer before takeoff. Aircraft Maintenance Engineers are the backbone in airlines.
- Air India
- Jet Airways
- AirAsia india
- Alliance Air
- Luwang Air
- Air Deccan
- Blue Dart Aviation
- Pinnacle Air
- Spirit Air
- Supreme Airlines
- Titan Aviation
- Ventura AirConnect
- And many more
Maintenance, Repair and Overhauls (MRO) And Other Organizations:
MRO is an essential requirement to ensure that aircraft are maintained in pre-determined conditions of airworthiness to safely transport passengers and cargo. Aircraft Maintenance Engineers are required in huge numbers.
Some MRO organizations are as follows-
- Air India Limited
- Air Works India (Engineering) Pvt. Ltd.
- Arrow Aviation Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Blue Dart Aviation Limited
- Cochin International Aviation Services
- Deccan Aviation
- Eaten Aerospace
- And hundreds many more
Top Global Recruiting Organizations:
There are organizations which hire the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer in global level. The license is authorised in India and abroad. Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer passed from India can switch to work in any country.
- All Nippon Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Etihad Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Korean Air
- Qatar Airways
- And many more…
Aviation industry in India has uplifted so much that it hikes the career opportunities for the youth. India is growing so fast in aviation sector and expected to grow much better in upcoming years due to this career of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering will shine brighter year by year. There will be no darkness in AME career as flying objects can be modified but cannot be stopped. A candidate acquired knowledge and skills during the course can work in India and abroad. Licensed AME is welcomed in India and Overseas.